Beauty definitely comes from within, especially when it comes to the foods you eat. Your food choices can affect the health and look of your hair, skin, and nails. Stick to nutrient-rich, fresh foods, and your natural beauty will have a chance to shine through. If you’ve been indulging lately, you can get your body back to happy with these power-packed nutrient-rich foods to improve your beauty game.
- Almonds: These amazing little nuts are high in antioxidants that help fight free radicals. They’re also a great source of Vitamin E, which does amazing things for your skin. If you’re not a fan of raw almonds, try swapping your peanut butter for almond butter to reap the benefits and get a protein boost!
- Dark Leafy Greens: The key to getting the most from your greens is to select varieties that are dark in color, like spinach, kale, or collards. These superfoods are packed with Vitamins A, C, E, and K. They even have the entire Vitamin B complex – a must for healthy hair and skin. They also contain calcium, iron, potassium, folate, and magnesium.
- Blueberries: They may be mini but blueberries are nutritional powerhouses. They contain Vitamins C and E to help your skin, hair and nails. They also contain phytochemicals that help repair and protect your skin tissue. Pop a batch of fresh blueberries in the freezer for a few hours for an icy cool summer treat.
- Avocado: These little green machines are great for your skin inside and out. Slather mashed avocado on your face for a quick, hydrating facial. Then, eat some on a sandwich, as guacamole, or just straight out of the skin. They’re loaded with Vitamins A, C, and E. Avocados also have monounsaturated fats, and these healthy fats are important building blocks for healthy hair and skin.
- Salmon: This amazing fish has been on the healthy-skin-diet radar for a long time and for good reason! Salmon is a great source for getting omega-3 fatty acids and zinc, which helps to reduce inflammation and dryness in your skin. It’s also a great protein source. Protein boosts your skin’s healing ability, meaning that blemish marks fade much quicker.
- Dark Chocolate: We all need a treat from time to time, and dark chocolate is a great choice. It’s loaded with antioxidants that can help improve your complexion. Make yourself a skin-boosting snack by combining dark chocolate chunks with two other super foods, such as dried blueberries and almonds.
White satin pillowcase supplier, Lulu Beauty Co., wants to remind everyone that eating well can make you feel happy and beautiful from the inside out, but don’t forget to hydrate! Proper hydration flushes toxins from your system and keeps your hair and skin looking its best. For more great beauty tips, browse the Lulu Beauty blog.