Doing a quick facemask in the evening, or on a Saturday morning, can make any day feel a little more special. You can whip up a quick mask in your own kitchen with just a few ingredients that you may already have in your pantry and fridge. Be sure you have your Lulu Beauty Co. terry turban, and get ready to have fabulous skin. Here are our favorite homemade facial masks.
Start by pulling your hair back using a terry turban or terry headband to keep it from getting stuck in the mask. Prep your couch or bed so it’s comfortable, and you can lie on it for about 15 minutes. Prepare the mask of your choice, then lay back and relax while it works its magic.
- Milk and Honey: Mix together one part powdered milk with one part honey for a quick and easy facemask. Apply it all over your face, and let it absorb for a minimum of 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water. The milk will give your skin a softening boost and the honey is a natural humectant that will draw moisture from the air right to your skin.
- Oatmeal and Coconut Oil: Mix together powdered oatmeal and coconut oil (you can also use olive oil if you can’t find coconut oil) until it forms a paste. Apply it to your face and massage it in using small circles. The oatmeal will gently exfoliate while the coconut oil penetrates and hydrates. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse in warm water. If a small amount of oil remains on your skin’s surface, leave it there! Don’t use soap to rinse it completely off; the oil will continue to hydrate your skin.
- Apple Peel-Off Mask: Prepare a packet of gelatin according to the package directions, but instead of using water or flavorings, use apple juice. Refrigerate until the mix is cooled but not set. Apply the mask to your face and allow it to dry. Then, just peel it off, and rinse your face with cool water. The apple juice is particularly great for those with sensitive skin.
- Egg Whites and Avocado: Mash one part avocado with two parts egg whites and apply to your face. Allow it to sit for at least 15 minutes then rinse with cool water. The avocado will hydrate your skin and the egg whites will naturally plump and firm it.
- Easy Eye Treatments: While you’re waiting for your mask to do its work, apply one of these easy eye treatments too. For puffy eyes, apply thin slices of cucumber over your eyes. For baggy eyes, apply thin slices of potato over your eyes.